Monday, June 7, 2010

Bedtime Prayers with Zoe

One of my favorite parts of each day is bedtime prayers with Zoe. She says the SWEETEST, most sincere little prayers, and it warms my heart to hear her share hers. When we lay down in the bed...lights are out, and I give her a night-night kiss, then I say, "Wanna say prayers?" and she usually says, "I go first." You never know what will happen next. She may ask questions, "Does God like swimming?" She may share her imaginary perfect day, "Dear God, I love it when Jesus plays with me at the beach. He has a beach ball...and we run. Amen." Or she may take me off guard with how perceptive she really is. "Dear God, I love you and you love me." Me: "Do you know who God is Zoe?" Zoe: "Yes, he's that man." Me : "What man?" Zoe: "That man on the cross."

My favorite prayer thus far...Zoe, "Dear God I play with Jesus, and he can come to live in my heart with me". <3 <3 <3

What a beautiful blessing! I love her more than I can say....

No comments:

Post a Comment