Friday, July 31, 2009

7 Quick Takes

Happy Friday! My goodness this week has flown by...not much time left before things around here start seriously hopping. So here are my takes for this week.

1. Final grades are in for summer term, and I got all A's! I sincerely thought I would end up with a B in the English Comp. class. I wasn't a big fan of my term paper, and turned it in despite the fact that it was not the best I could have done. The problem was the subject. I chose to write about autism and the environment, thinking it would be good for me to read and study, since I have a son on the autism spectrum. Instead, it was really hard emotionally and led to lots of crying, so I basically just slapped something on paper and got on with it. Oh well, the teacher either didn't notice, or was especially merciful when grading. Either way, I'll take it.

2. It has been raining here everyday. Honestly, that is a really good thing...we usually have rain pretty much everyday (for a little while) in the summer. This summer though has been completely dry for the most part, leaving everything brown and thirsty outside. It's nice to have it back to normal. However, my kids are not digging the staying indoors, not going swimming part of the weather. Nathan (my oldest son) is especially not liking the grass growing so much--it's his job to mow.

3. I have been contemplating the possibility of a 12-step program for facebook. Seriously. Addiction is not pretty.

4. My sweet, darling baby girl CUT HER HAIR last night. A big clump of it, right on top next to her part. :( The worst part is, that the section she cut off, is the part I always rubbed while she was nursing...by the time it grows out she probably won't be nursing anymore. So sad. And yes, I realize that it may be odd that I care more about that than the way her hair looks, but I can disguise the cut hair.

5. I have been reminded several times this week that God is good, and His kindness and providence are sufficient to meet our needs. Unexpectedly this week, we have had our needs met, just when we thought we would break. Still hoping for a job for Matt, but we're taking it day by day, and remembering to have faith.

6. This weekend, my sister is producing a bridal show at the Saenger Theater in downtown Mobile. http://www.bisforbrideevent.com/ Bis for Bride is going to be an amazing, fresh, modern take on event planning for our area. I am so proud of all she has done. And seriously, my sister is crazy talented when it comes to event planning. Here is a link to her business, Marybelle's. http://marybelles.squarespace.com/ Check out her gallery to see her work....she rocks!

7. Does anyone else think the whole "birth certificate" thing with President Obama is weird? Why are people so upset over this? Yes, he is an American citizen. His MOTHER was an American citizen. Last I checked, that counts. Apparently some people question his legitimacy as President if they haven't seen the long form of a birth certificate? The funny thing is these same people were arguing against questioning Bush's legitimacy in 2000 after the fiasco in FL. Very strange.

That's all for today. Here is a link to Conversion Diary: http://www.conversiondiary.com/2009/07/7-quick-takes-friday-vol-44.html

4 comments:

  1. I didn't vote for Obama but I think this whole bruhaha about the birth certificate is ridiculous and a serious waste of time and energy. You hit it right on the head. Even if they did prove he wasn't born in Hawaii I still believe he would be eligible to be President because his mother was a US citizen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #5 - God always gives us what we need when we need it! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the baby hair! I completely understand your sadness over missing that chunk while you're nursing her :(

    I think I need a plain old COMPUTER intervention. My husband misses me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed your blog. Thank you for sharing. It's just a friendly reminder about tomorrow. It's another post on “What would your children say?” “Wednesday” It’s going to be fun sharing all those wonderful adventures our children do and say. If you don’t have a kid, feel free to post something about your furry four legged family member. I can’t wait. Please tell us all about them. Hope to see you tomorrow. Go to the logo that says “What would your children say?” “Wednesday”, for full details.

    ReplyDelete